What should you consider before starting a home-based network marketing business? How do you find the right opportunity? And once you get started, what is your plan for success?
Becoming a successful network marketer isn’t easy, and most people find that it’s not the most intuitive process. Success in this industry takes a great deal of research, training and education, commitment, patience, follow-up, and determination.
Thankfully (for YOU and our economy), Independent Business Owners are figuring it out and achieving their goals each and every month. Tens of thousands of people are realizing that this is the opportunity of a lifetime – whether they want to supplement income, work the business as a full-time career, save for retirement, etc.
Get in the Know
There’s no need for the direct sales industry to be surrounded by a cloud of mystery! It is absolutely possible to ask questions, find concrete answers, and move forward with a clear plan of action.
To help you do this, we decided to create a Definitive Guide to Network Marketing. If you’re looking for the A – Z of starting, running and owning your own business, this is the guide for you:
The Definitive Guide to Network Marketing
Let’s start at the very beginning with the most obvious first concerns:
- Is MLM a Bad Word?
- Is Network Marketing Just a Scam?
- Is Direct Selling for real?
- Network Marketing – No Experience Necessary?
There is a lot of false information floating around about the direct sales industry. It’s not a secret that a many people have unfortunately gotten caught up in schemes that posed as legitimate network marketing opportunities, and they got burned along the way. If you’re considering whether you can really succeed with a home-based business, it’s important to do your own research and find out what makes a true ethical, legit MLM or network marketing opportunity.
Choose Your Adventure
After you know that you want to go into this business, it’s time to choose the opportunity that would best suite your lifestyle. How will you decide which business model and product line are right for you? What kind of compensation structure would you profit the most from, given the amount of time you will be devoting to this business? Don’t get hung up on the first direct sales opportunity your friend tells you about. Take your time to research what’s out there, how much competition is in your local community already, and which brands will complement your interests and personality.
- Choosing The Right Business
- How To Pick A Network Marketing Company
- Choosing the Best Network Marketing Company
- Find the Right MLM Business Opportunity
- 7 Questions to Ask About MLM Opportunities
- Which Compensation Structure is right for you?
Prep for Success
To make your business grow you need action steps for success! After you have found the perfect business opportunity, you need to get educated on the product, trained in the business, and prepped for success. This is the time to hunker down and get to work. (Cue the Rocky theme song)
- How to Grow Your MLM Business
- Network Marketing Success Tips
- 12 Timeless Tips for Success
- 5 Great Tips for MLM or Network Marketing Success
- Top 5 Marketing Tools Every Network Marketer Needs
- Fail-Proof Ways to Sell High-Ticketed Direct Sales Products
Using the Web to Sky Rocket Your IBO Opportunity
It is a FACT that all small business owners MUST have a web presence and an established piece of online real estate. If not, they will leave over 50% of their business on the table. Instead of throwing caution to the wind and hoping you can survive without the web, USE the internet to your advantage.
The truth is, your local market is doomed to dry up. The more distributors you bring to your team, the more your piece of the pie will shrink. You HAVE to be on the web to EXPAND YOUR REACH and hook customers from all over the world!
- SEO for Network Marketers: Why (and how) to learn it
- The Internet and Network Marketing
- MLM the Internet and You
- Internet Network Marketing
How to Execute a Social Media Networking Strategy
Social media marketing can be an extremely powerful tool for the Network Marketer. Setting up a social media network marketing strategy is crucial to building that prime piece of online real estate. Think about it: you have the ability to instantly reach hundreds – even thousands – of people with the click of a button! This is how your business can go viral – when your fans share, their friends see the activity and soon your website experiences exponential growth!
- Ten Tips for Using Social Media in Your Network Marketing Business
- 4 Ways Network Marketers Should Use Social Media
- Social Media for Network Marketing Success
- Social Media Training for Network Marketers
Leveraging Your Network Marketing Blog for Even Bigger Results
59% of marketers say that having a blog is essential to driving traffic and sales to their business. If you don’t have a blog, you’re losing business AND new recruits. Period. Search engines are nourished by fresh content, and the source of that rich, fresh content is a company blog.
- How to Setup Your Own Network Marketing Blog
- 6 Secrets of Every Successful Network Marketing Blog
- 4 Reasons Your Should Start a Network Marketing Blog
- 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Blog
As an added bonus, we are including more references for additional training. Check out the links below for more tools, tactics and strategies, and business references.
- 13 Free Social Media Tools to Boost Your Productivity
- Proper Networking Etiquette
- Networking for Business
- Networking for Introverts
- Top Tips From MLM Millionaires
- The TAO of You and Your Business
- Keywords the Whole Story
- Productivity in Network Marketing
Bookmark this page so you have these resources as your business grows from one stage to the next. Let us know in the comments below if you have any other great links or resources for Network Marketers!