News Flash: Workers are Unhappy
If you didn’t know already, a staggering majority of people in the work place aren’t satisfied with their jobs. They don’t feel challenged; they don’t feel appreciated. They are working too many hours doing something they don’t want to do – and earning less than they wish they could.
Don’t just take our word for it! Gallup confirmed this in their recent report: State of the Global Workplace: Employee Engagement Insights for Business Leaders Worldwide.
The Gallup poll asked 230,000 full-time and part-time workers from all over the world how they felt about these 12 statements:
- I know what is expected of me at work
- I have the material and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
Unsurprisingly, 87% of responders reported that they are “not engaged” or “actively disengaged” at work. Gallup surmised that there is a worldwide pandemic of workers who “are emotionally disconnected from their workplaces and less likely to be productive.”
Think about it: Nearly 9 out of 10 people around the world desperately need another chance!
YOU Can Make the World a Happier Place
As a network marketer, you have the solution for so many people in your life who are miserable at work! The chance to control their schedule, determine their income, thrive in their own business…that is what they’re looking for.
You’ve Got the Answers!
Let’s go back to those Gallup questions. How would a network marketing business change the game completely? As you engage in conversation with a new recruit, make sure you address these key points:
1. I know what is expected of me at work.
If you own your own business, this is easy! You choose your schedule and control how much you earn. You set your own goals and expectations.
2. I have the material and equipment I need to do my work right.
This can be a tough one for some direct sellers! In fact, THIS IS WHY WE CREATED FLYING MAN PRODUCTIONS. Make sure you explain how well equipped you are with online marketing tools that are SEO-friendly when you tell prospects about the business opportunity. The ONLY way for their business to survive and thrive long-term is to expand online and establish a prime piece of online real estate. This is only possible with MLM Software and online marketing and prospecting tools from a company like Flying Man.
3. At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
Isn’t it wonderful to use and strengthen your talents in your own business? We love how the MLM industry allows sellers to hone in on their personal interests and strengths, and customize their business with what they do best.
4. In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
Sponsors (that’s you, dear reader) should regularly check in with new recruits. Please assure your new recruits that you will talk to them frequently, and make sure to follow up with that promise!
5. My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
Team building is stronger in the network marketing business than any other industry! In many ways, your success is everyone else’s success. It is in everyone’s best interest to support the team and encourage growth in the downline.
6. There is someone at work who encourages my development.
Again, MLM is all about teamwork! The entire point of having multi-levels (the ML in MLM) is to build a strong, sustaining network of tightly connected marketers. It’s no wonder most direct sellers call their team a “family”. We have been lucky to attend many of our clients’ award ceremonies and events, and the bonds they share never cease to amaze us and warm our hearts.
7. At work, my opinions seem to count.
When it’s your business, no one’s input is as important as your own!
8. The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important.
You wouldn’t be in this business if you didn’t believe in the products! Make sure your prospects know the value of the products, and why it is such an important industry to be in. Remind them that it’s not just about the _______ (ionized water, vitamins, jewelry, wax warmers, etc) – it’s about the lives you change!
9. My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
It’s hard to not be committed to quality work when your sponsors and team members are paying off their mortgages, earning free vacations, and receiving other incentives.
10. I have a best friend at work.
We certainly hope you will!
11. In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
There should be a weekly (or at least monthly) Team Meeting, where you discuss your goals and progress.
12. This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
There are few careers that allow you to get to know so many people, become part of their life, and actually make their life better. In our experience, the network marketing industry provides more room for personal growth and learning opportunities than any other field!
We hope this helps you know how to talk to a potential recruit about the business opportunity. Remember the Gallup Poll, and try to stress the level of satisfaction and engagement you personally feel in your business.
Best of luck!